Overview of NS3
NS3 is a simulation tool used to simulate some real-world networks written using programming languages like C++ and Python. It ultimately assists us to produce different cybernetic nodes by its afforded helper classes, so that we can stand the required devices to our nodes such as applications and internet stacks.
“This article highly focuses on our experiments of NS3 IoT Simulation and its outcomes, uses, and the implementations of the simulation outcomes in some real-time applications. But our ultimate objective in this article is to provide you with the research/project guidelines!!”
Overall summary of IoT
The term IoT labels the physical object networking that is implanted with numerous sensors, software, and other technologies aimed to share the data with other systems that are connected to the internet. It also helps in connecting the networking devices. Generally, the IoT network includes multiple entrenched communication hardware, processors, and sensors.
Applications of IoT
There are various applications available for the NS3 IoT Simulation. It is because it is flexible to any technology that can offer the required data, which we have to regulate at a particular means. It typically provides data on
- Personal function
- Performance activity
- Situational scenario
In addition to the data provided by the network, here are the applications based on the IoT as follows.
In addition to the implementation of the IoT sensors for the agricultural purpose, we can obtain particular information on
- Soil condition– chemical traits, temperatures, presence of minerals and nutrients, acidity level, moistures etc.
It also assists the farmers to
- Detect the plant and soil maladies
- Appropriate stage and time for initiate sowing
- Utilize the water quantity effectively
- Irrigation management
The IoT applications help in fleet management by providing
- Data to enrich vehicle driving
- Suggestions to decrease the contaminating elements
- Fuel saving and telemetry control
- Data on Geo locations
- Performance analytics
We can utilize the IoT in vehicular and traffic management majorly in the metropolitan, large, and smart cities concepts. In the case of using IoT applications for traffic purposes, we need to use our mobile phones as sensors to gather vehicular data. Generally, IoT informs such data and it helps in
- Monitoring the traffic and its density at various zones
- Informing the circumstances of various routes
- Updating the data on various routes for destination
- Computing distance and predicting the arrival time
These are the energy proficient devices entrenched with Nanosensors available in the forms of wearable devices such as GPS tracking belts, Virtual glasses, which are on trending use and they are enabled with the required hardware to obtain the readings and it helps to manage the user data.
The above applications are useful for the current scenario and it enables the user to obtain more data about the conditions of their atmosphere and it provides suggestions for user actions. In addition to the above applications in ns3 5g, we provide you the NB-IoT Power Saving Schemes in NS3 IoT simulation as follows,
NB-IoT Power Saving Schemes in NS3
NB-IoT is also known as Narrowband IoT, which is a radio technology standard of LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Network), which utilizes the infrastructure of LTE Simulation requirement distributed with the help of 3GPP– the 3rd Generation Partnership Project. The NB-IoT concentrates majorly on,
- Long battery life
- Number of linked devices
- Extended coverage
The application of the NB-IoT amends some current techniques and adds new methods to enhance the NS-3 code, which involves
- Forwarding the discharging message of the RRC
- Providing paging notification
- Supplementing new states
- Modifying new states on the basis of its timing configurations
In addition to the above functions generally done by the NB-IoT, our networking engineers have implemented by concentrating on the upcoming key features perspectives of the following advanced functions as follows,
- Computing the energy utilization, UE states, and latency that can be completed with the help of the post-processing scripts
- Transmitting the User Equipment to RRC Idle State
- Affording the user defining script with some lenient scripts to configuration such as
- Flag to allow / restrict power saving features
- RRC inactivity timer
- eDRX cycle
- PSM timer
Preferably at the procedure of attributing process, those timers must be configured with the help of the messages of Master Information Block (MIB) System Information Blocks (SIBs) that might be for future consideration. Along with the power-saving applications in the NB-IoT, we provide you with the SCHC in the NS3 simulator
SCHC in NS3 IoT Simulation
The SCHC is known as the Static Context Header Impression, which has recently been updated to conceal the headers of IPv6/UDP/CoAP and it can be implemented over other technologies of LPWAN. The compressing technique of SCHC ruminates the static devices by the encoded situation that has been stored in both the server memory as well as on the device. Such situations don’t change and it negotiates the syncing mechanism intricacies at the packet transmission process.
It is principally a set of classes, functioning in a composed manner to label the operations of compression and decompression process in SCHC. The process of applying the SCHC algorithm can be completed using the programming language of C++. To enable this process, a novel module called SCHE needs to be produced to regulate the SCHC protocol’s attitude. It is required a set of classes and filed to simulate a network designed by devices, where the SCHC serving as an adaption layer are termed as follows
- Helper: it has SCHC helper class to mount SCHC adaptation layer among IPV6 and L2 layer. It is used to launch protocol stack of SCHC on NetDevice.
- Model: this type of modeling class can be classified into three types as
- Compression Mechanism
- Decompression Mechanism
It functions to compress the packet headers with the help of the SCHC function. It is an algorithm of SCHC function where it separates the IP and the UDP headers. The ultimate aim of the compression is the ruleID detection and the contexts of UDP/IP fields. To select the finest ruleID, it should match the packet header context saved in memory.
It feeds the ruleID paralleling to this device. They are accessible in the network database by the network identity. This alone is required from the device-related software. In the decompression process, the input is a typical context of compression header along with the ruleID. This implements a method called Boolean value that is factual at the effective package uncompressed and the value would return incorrect if there’s a blunder.
In general, the ruleID is a binary value of zeros and ones and it describes the algorithm organization that has framed by the ruleID and array type of SCHC rule field having the portrayal of various fields to form IPV6/UDP packet.
The above-mentioned types are the classes and modules of the Static Context Header Impression in NS3 IoT simulation. These are very crucial in the simulation process of a network, which has a set of rules to implement the SCHC as an adaptation layer. In addition to the above functions, we are reaching the important part of this article empowered with the suggestion of the project titles by our developers as follows
Trending research topics in NS3
- SAC: an innovative Multi-hop Routing Policy in Hybrid Distributed IoT system based on Multi-agent Reinforcement Learning
- Complexity-Effective Sequential Detection of Synchronization Signal for Cellular Narrowband IoT Internet of things Communication Systems
- Multi-band Microstrip Square Patch Antenna Strategy for IoT built RFID technology and its numerous applications
- SimulateIoT: Domain Specific Language to Code Generation, Execute, and Plan IoT Simulation Environments
- Attack simulation and exposure evaluation of power IoT based on Equipment attracting resources
Internet of Things is generally defined as the internet of objects that are helping to connect to another for both the connections and the devices. However, it comes under the field of networking to provide you with a promising future. Hence, performing projects makes your knowledge better and we are here to make your projects better. Working with us widens your knowledge as our technical team is updating on the innovative features and implementation of NS3 IoT Simulation. Be free to place yourself as our first preference and we assure your expected project outcomes!!